Here's a summary of the best strategies and techniques to score Band 7+ in IELTS Writing Task 1 (General Training) mentioned in the IELTS Twenty20 course for quick reference.
The best way to use this guide is to print it out and paste it on a board where you can read it any time you want.
Go over the techniques and strategies as many times as possible before the exam so that they become second nature.
I guarantee you that if you follow the strategies mentioned in this guide you will score band 7 or above.
If you feel that you are struggling with any specific IELTS module don’t wait too long to ask for help. I have a team of some of the best IELTS teachers from around the world who can help you with your IELTS preparation. Simply email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or signup today to get started.
Band 7+ Strategies for IELTS General Training - Writing Task 1
- First off, read & understand the purpose of the letter for Writing Task 1.
- Recognize the type of letter and decide if it is a formal letter or informal letter.
- Begin and end your letter appropriately.
- Identify an appropriate tone for the letter and use it consistently throughout the letter.
- Cover all key bullet points mentioned in the question and explain them clearly and appropriately.
- Use a wide range of grammatical structures and vocabulary.
- Write the letter in paragraphs. No bullet points or short notes.
- Write at least 150 words but no more than 200 words.
- Spend no more than 20 minutes on Writing task 1 so that you have 40 minutes for Task 2. Task 2 is worth twice as much as Task 1 and so you must spend more time on Task 2.
Tags: general training IELTS writing task 1