• This topic is empty.
Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    basil

Hello ,
    I took the Academic IELTS exam on the 18th of January 2020. I want to share my experiences.

Listening
    The speakers in the dialogues were speaking 1.25 faster than those in Cambridge Books. I’ve always done minimum 35 out of 40 questions but this time I would probably fail. Please take the IELTS exam with microphone if possible. Otherwise, noise from other candidates may break your concentration.

Reading
    The first two passages were similar to Cambridge books, but the third one was like hell.

Writing
    Task-1 was a line graph that compared four electronic devices in a country between the years 1985 and 2015.
    Task-2 was the type of two-questions essays. In many countries, some famous people earn high salaries than senior politicians. What are the reasons that celebrities earn much than politicians? Is this a positive or negative development for a country?

Speaking
    Part-1 questions were about work, tea or coffee, music and live performance.
    Part-2 cue card was about a leisure activity that I enjoyed with my family when I was a child.
    Part-3 questions were about comparing entertainments according to age, how leisure activities can make a contributiion to a country, leisure activities in the past and now, international entertainments can play a role in the development of country and how. etc

All the test questions were similar to cambridge books, with the exception of Listening because I didn’t have enough time to read the questions and options. There was less time to read the questions beecause the speakers immediately started to the conversations. There were 16 multiple-choice questions in section 2 and 3, so that will be great for all IELTS students to be familiar to these types of questions.When I get my score I’ll share with you.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
Reply To: IELTS Exam – UAE – January 18, 2020
Your information:

©2012-2020 All prices are in USD. IELTS Online Practice is provided by Wisekangaroo Pty Ltd (ABN: 86 159 373 770)

CONTACT US

Send us an email with any questions about our courses and we'll get back to you, asap.

Sending
or

Forgot your details?