Too busy to read this post? Listen to it in Audio format.
IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 with model answer
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task.
Write at least 150 Words.
The line graph depicts the trend in the sale of Harry's Hamburgers over a period of one year from January 2007 to December 2007.
Overall, the maximum sale of hamburgers was reported in August 2007 when it reached the 3,000 mark. Thereafter, the sale of the hamburgers decreased and finally reached the lowest value of 1,250 in October of 2007.
In the year 2007, the number of hamburgers sold in January a little less than 2,000. Till March the sale figures were varying between 1,750 and 2,000. From May, the sale figures continued to rise and finally, it reached 3,000 in August. It then decreased gradually to 2,500 in September, after which, there was a steep fall in the sales till it reached its nadir at 1,250 in October. After October, there was a rise in the sale again and the sale figures reached 1,750 in December.
Total Words: 15o
Task Achievement: 8
Coherence & Cohesion: 8
Lexical resources: 8
Overall Score: Band 8
For unlimited feedback with detailed corrections for speaking and writing tasks, sign up for IELTS Twenty20 Online Course today!
Study 20 minutes a day for 20 days and Ace the IELTS exam.Tags: academic training model answer writing task 1
IELTS Score Calculators and Estimators:
Useful FREE resources for IELTS preparation:
- Free IELTS preparation Course
- Free IELTS Model Answers for Academic and General Writing tasks
- Recent IELTS exam questions from all over the world
- Free IELTS Exam Day Cheat Sheet
Best Books for IELTS:
- Official IELTS Practice Material
- The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS
- Barron's IELTS Superpack
- Cambridge Grammar for IELTS
- IELTS 14 Academic Student's Book
Tutorials on Essay Writing
- How to identify the main topic and all parts of the IELTS writing task essay?
- How to brainstorm and organise ideas for writing task 2?
Finally, if you need ongoing feedback from an experienced IELTS teacher for your writing or speaking tasks, simply subscribe to one of our IELTS CORRECTION packs