IELTS General Writing Task 1 with model answer
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. Write about the following topic
You are applying for a job and need a letter of reference.
Write a letter to a former teacher. In your letter:
- give details about the job
- why it is important to you
- suggest what information your teacher could put in the reference
Write at least 150 words.
Dear Mrs. Bhoomi,
How are you? I hope you have been right as rain and everything is fine at school too. I still remember your out of the box thinking about the way of teaching grammar. Thanks again for those important tips you have given to your teacher trainees. I am writing in connection with a letter of reference that I need for a job that I have applied for recently.
I am graduating next month and I have applied for a position of English teacher at a private language school in Tokyo, Japan. As I am currently in India, the school has waived the face to face interview; thus, their decision largely depends on my letter of reference.
In the letter of reference, I would appreciate it if you could include information related to my overall training performance in teacher training college. Additionally, you need to mention a few lines about my character and professional attitude.
Thank you kindly in advance.
Total Words: 173
Task Achievement: 8
Coherence & Cohesion: 7
Lexical resources: 7
Overall Score: Band 7
For unlimited feedback with speaking and writing tasks sign up for IELTS Twenty20 Online Course today!
Study 20 minutes a day for 20 days and Ace the IELTS exam.Tags: general training model answer writing task 1
IELTS Score Calculators and Estimators:
Useful FREE resources for IELTS preparation:
- Free IELTS preparation Course
- Free IELTS Model Answers for Academic and General Writing tasks
- Recent IELTS exam questions from all over the world
- Free IELTS Exam Day Cheat Sheet
Tutorials on Essay Writing
- How to identify the main topic and all parts of the IELTS writing task essay?
- How to brainstorm and organise ideas for writing task 2?