Too busy to read this post? Listen to it in Audio format.
IELTS General Writing Task 1 with model answer
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. Write about the following topic
There have been some problems with public transport in your area recently.
Write a letter to the manager of the public transport company. In your letter
- describe the problems
- explain how these problems are affecting the public
- suggest what changes could be made
Write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write any addresses.
Begin your letter as follows: Dear Sir or Madam,
Dear Sir or Madam ,
I am writing this letter to report some problems faced by the community of Happy Garden in regard to the local public transportation system.
The only available transport allocated to the public here is the FX Bus with plate number 1234. As Happy Garden is located in the suburbs where very few people own a car, it makes the community solely rely on the bus for transportation. For the past week, the bus schedule has been delayed. To top it off, the bus is not in a good condition given the torn seats and broken handles
As a result, people have been late to work and school. In addition during the rush hour, it came to my attention that few passengers were injured due to the faulty handle.
To resolve this matter, we hope that the public transport company could look into these issues and strictly monitor the bus schedule. Apart from that we do kindly request an upgrade to the bus condition making it friendly and safe for both adults and children.
Thank you for your kind cooperation.
Total Words: 180
Task Achievement: 9
Coherence & Cohesion: 9
Lexical resources: 9
Overall Score: Band 9Tags: general training model answer writing writing task 1
IELTS Score Calculators and Estimators:
Useful FREE resources for IELTS preparation:
- Free IELTS preparation Course
- Free IELTS Model Answers for Academic and General Writing tasks
- Recent IELTS exam questions from all over the world
- Free IELTS Exam Day Cheat Sheet
Best Books for IELTS:
- Official IELTS Practice Material
- The Official Cambridge Guide to IELTS
- Barron's IELTS Superpack
- Cambridge Grammar for IELTS
- IELTS 14 Academic Student's Book
Tutorials on Essay Writing
- How to identify the main topic and all parts of the IELTS writing task essay?
- How to brainstorm and organise ideas for writing task 2?
Finally, if you need ongoing feedback from an experienced IELTS teacher for your writing or speaking tasks, simply subscribe to one of our IELTS CORRECTION packs