IELTS General Writing Task 1 with model answer
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. Write about the following topic
You have been invited to attend an interview for a place studying a course in a college. Unfortunately because of a previous appointment you cannot come at the time they wish.
Write a letter to the administration tutor.
- explain your position
- Apologise and offer to come on another day or later the same day.
- Ask also how long the interview will be and whether there will be any tests during it.
Write at least 150 words.
I am writing to apologize for not being able to attend the interview for a course at your college. Unfortunately, I am in a dire need of medical treatment for my eyes; thus, I took an urgent appointment with my doctor which is scheduled for the same day as the interview. Moreover, my uncle's recommendation helped me in getting the doctor's appointment; as a result, I am unable to reschedule it.
I am really sorry for informing you at the last moment about the sudden change. Further, cap in hand, I am requesting you whether it will be possible for you to conduct my interview later this week.
Additionally, I have two queries related to the interview: how long will the interview be? ; and will I have to give any tests during the interview?
I hope you will understand my situation. I look forward to hearing from you about rescheduling my interview.
Total Words: 161
Task Achievement: 8
Coherence & Cohesion: 8
Lexical resources: 8
Overall Score: Band 8
For unlimited feedback with speaking and writing tasks sign up for IELTS Twenty20 Online Course today!
Study 20 minutes a day for 20 days and Ace the IELTS exam.Tags: general training model answer writing task 1
IELTS Score Calculators and Estimators:
Useful FREE resources for IELTS preparation:
- Free IELTS preparation Course
- Free IELTS Model Answers for Academic and General Writing tasks
- Recent IELTS exam questions from all over the world
- Free IELTS Exam Day Cheat Sheet
Tutorials on Essay Writing
- How to identify the main topic and all parts of the IELTS writing task essay?
- How to brainstorm and organise ideas for writing task 2?