Too busy to read this post? Listen to it in Audio format.
IELTS General Writing Task 1 with model answer
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. Write about the following topic
You are organising a trip to the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales for a group of students from Perth in Western Australia.
Write to the manager of Student Hostel Services. In your letter explain:
- when you want to visit the Snowy Mountains
- how long will you stay
- how many students are in your party, and what accommodation you will require
Write at least 150 words.
I am writing to book accommodation for a group of students from Perth.
My name is Betty. I am the manager of the Student Hostel Services for University of Sydney. I am organising a trip to the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales for a group of twenty students. We are planning the visit on the 10th of December and we intend to stay till 15th of December.
There are ten male students and ten female students all together in the group. So, I wanted to check if you have adequate number of rooms in your hostel. Probably, two students will be sharing a room. So we need five non-smoking rooms for the female students and five smoking rooms for the male students. The rooms should have 2 separate twin beds and basic amenities like microwave oven, air conditioning and coffee maker.
It would be great if all the rooms are on the same floor. I will be waiting for your reply.
Total Words: 155
Task Achievement: 8
Coherence & Cohesion: 8
Lexical resources: 8
Overall Score: Band 8Tags: general training model answer writing task 1
IELTS Score Calculators and Estimators:
Useful FREE resources for IELTS preparation:
- Free IELTS preparation Course
- Free IELTS Model Answers for Academic and General Writing tasks
- Recent IELTS exam questions from all over the world
- Free IELTS Exam Day Cheat Sheet
Tutorials on Essay Writing
- How to identify the main topic and all parts of the IELTS writing task essay?
- How to brainstorm and organise ideas for writing task 2?
Finally, if you need ongoing feedback from an experienced IELTS teacher for your writing or speaking tasks, simply subscribe to one of our IELTS CORRECTION packs