Too busy to read this post? Listen to it in Audio format.
IELTS General Writing Task 1 with model answer
You should spend about 20 minutes on this task. Write about the following topic
You are attending an evening course at a college. Write a letter to the administrator of the college. In your letter, say:
- What do you like about the course?
- What problems do you face in the course (eg. bad equipment)?
- What is your suggestion to improve the course?
Write at least 150 words.
You do NOT need to write any addresses.
Begin your letter as follows: Dear Sir,
I am a student of your institution. I am writing to give you feedback on the evening Computer Basics class.
Firstly, I adore the professionalism of the faculties which has undeniably facilitated me to step up my game in gaining knowledge about computer systems. Apart from that, I find the office hours on the weekend very useful and have used them multiple times to clear my doubts in the subject.
However, there are a few complications that disturb my studies quite often. For instance, the wireless keyboard frequently becomes dysfunctional only to drop the pace of my typing which is pivotal to excel in the course. Besides, the monitor screen malfunctions every 15-20 minutes.
Hence, I strongly recommend to supplant the obsolete electronic models with the latest ones. I sincerely hope that my urge will get your heed and that the necessary steps would be taken to improve the facilities.
Total Words: 180
Task Achievement: 9
Coherence & Cohesion: 9
Lexical resources: 9
Overall Score: Band 9Tags: general general training IELTS model answer writing task 1
IELTS Score Calculators and Estimators:
Useful FREE resources for IELTS preparation:
- Free IELTS preparation Course
- Free IELTS Model Answers for Academic and General Writing tasks
- Recent IELTS exam questions from all over the world
- Free IELTS Exam Day Cheat Sheet
Tutorials on Essay Writing
- How to identify the main topic and all parts of the IELTS writing task essay?
- How to brainstorm and organise ideas for writing task 2?
Finally, if you need ongoing feedback from an experienced IELTS teacher for your writing or speaking tasks, simply subscribe to one of our IELTS CORRECTION packs