NOTE: This topic is for IELTS Academic Training test ONLY. If you are taking the IELTS general training test then skip this lesson.
In the IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 you are required to write a summary of at least 150 words in response to a graph (bar, line or pie graph), table, chart, or process (how something works, how something is done). You should spend about 20 minutes on it. This task tests your ability to select and report the main features, to describe and compare data, identify significance and trends in factual information, or describe a process. This lesson covers everything that you need to know to achieve the best Band score in the IELTS Academic Writing Task 1.
So let's get started ...Tags: academic IELTS writing task 1
- Academic Writing Task 1 Marking Criteria
- How to write an introduction & overview?
- Writing reports on static charts
- How to Identify Key Features in a Chart?
- Writing reports on dynamic charts
- Writing reports on diagrams showing processes
- Writing reports on tables
- Language to describe trends
- How To Score Band 7+ in Academic Writing Task 1?
- Submission 1 - Finland Telephone Calls (Dynamic Chart)
- Submission 2 - Compare visits to music sites (Dynamic Chart)
- Submission 3 - Production of Photographs (Process Diagram)
- Submission 4 - Sales of Jeans (Dynamic & Static Chart)
- Submission 5 – Turtle Population (Line Chart)
- Submission 6 - Cultural activities (Table)
- Submission 7 – Oil Production (Bar Chart)
- Submission 8 - Airport Visitors (Bar Chart)