NOTE: This topic is for IELTS General Training test ONLY. If you are taking the IELTS Academic training test then skip this lesson.
In IELTS General Writing Task 1 you receive a “scenario” for which you have to write a letter. The letter should be at least 150 words long. This is the first section of the IELTS General Training Writing test. You should spend about 20 minutes on it. This lesson covers everything that you need to know to achieve the best Band score in the IELTS General Writing Task 1.
So let's get started ...Tags: general IELTS writing task 1
- General Writing Task 1 Marking Criteria
- Understanding the purpose of the letter
- Recognizing the type of letter and write in consistent tone
- Practice Exercise - Identify the tone and purpose of the task 1 letter
- How to begin and end your letter appropriately?
- How to write a letter of introduction?
- How to write a letter of complaint?
- How to write a letter of apology?
- How To Score Band 7+ in General Writing Task 1?
- Submission 1 - Applying for work
- Submission 2 - Restaurant decor
- Submission 3 - Moving to a new city
- Submission 4 - Selling your TV