Great to have you back!
Today we start with the "Writing Task 2". This is the section that most IELTS candidates struggle the most with. It is also the one that needs the most practice to improve. So make sure that you go over today's lesson multiple times until you understand every single word of it.
Lets get started without any further delay.
In IELTS Writing Task 2,
you are given brief details of an opinion, an argument or a problem,
and have to produce an extended piece of discursive writing (an essay) in response.
You need to write at least 250 words and
should spend about 40 minutes on this task.
While other IELTS courses and websites give you model answers for a 100 different topics, this is not the best way to prepare for Writing Task 2.
Firstly, you will never be able to memorise essays for all possible topics and secondly if you get a new topic that you have never seen before you will not know how to craft your response.
So let's look at a step by step process on how to write a great writing task 2 essay every time ... no matter what the topic.Tags: academic general IELTS writing task 2
- Writing Task 2 marking criteria
- How to identifying the main topic and all parts of task 2 essay?
- How to brainstorm & organise your ideas for IELTS Writing Task 2
- How to plan the structure of your task 2 essay?
- How to write an introduction for IELTS Writing Tasks?
- How to use tenses correctly in writing tasks?
- Vocabulary & Grammar for writing tasks
- How to manage time & adhere to word count limits for writing tasks?
- How to achieve cohesion and coherence in writing tasks?
- Writing an essay discussing the causes of a problem & suggesting solutions
- Writing essay giving an opinion
- Writing essay discussing advantages and disadvantages
- How to score Band 7+ in IELTS Writing Task 2?
- Submission 1 - International tourism
- Submission 2 - Communication
- Submission 3 - Environment
- Submission 4 - Job and money
- Submission 5 - Fresh water
- Submission 6 - Education
- Submission 7 - Crime
- Submission 8 - Animal rights
- Submission 9 - Health
- Submission 10 - Internet
- Submission 11 - Tourism
- Submission 12 - Jobs
- IELTS Essay Samples of Past Band 9 Students